Catalytic-Free & EPA 2020
EPA 2020 certified
Meets 2 g/hr emissions target
Increased burn efficiency
Reliable and hassle-free
Cleaner glass, easy enjoyment
INTRODUCING CATALYTIC-FREE WOODSTOVE AND INSERT TECHNOLOGY
Pacific Energy’s premium catalytic-free wood stove and insert technology is changing the industry – offering lower costs, less maintenance and high efficiency while meeting stringent EPA 2020 environmental standards for the cleanest burn possible. Enjoy a better wood stove experience all-around, with Pacific Energy’s catalytic-free breakthrough technology.
EPA 2020 STANDARDS. WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU.
Emission standards are changing. The US Environmental Protection Agency (and anticipated to be adopted throughout Canada) has implemented a maximum 2.0 grams of particulate per hour regulation effective May 15, 2020 – this means that any product sold by a retailer after May 15, 2020 must conform to this standard. Pacific Energy is one of the only manufacturers to offer a full line of premium EPA 2020 certified catalytic-free technology in stoves, inserts, and zero clearance wood burning fireplaces.
THE EPA 2020 STANDARDS REALITY
- Many stoves will be eliminated by inability to meet the new emission standard.
- Many stoves will need significant redesign and testing to meet the new standard.
- Many stoves will be forced to become catalytic or catalytic hybrid stoves to meet the new standard.
THE PACIFIC ENERGY CATALYTIC-FREE ADVANTAGE.
Product innovation is how Pacific Energy has answered the need to meet new EPA 2020 standards. Our premium catalytic-free LE (low emission) products will easily replace stoves that no longer meet the emission standard. These premium catalytic- free stoves and inserts are cost effective and hassle-free, meeting the less than 2 gms/hr EPA 2020 emissions target. Look for the mark of excellence when shopping for your new stove.
All Pacific Energy EPA 2020 approved stoves are catalytic-free.
POINT OF VIEW: TRADITIONAL CATALYTIC STOVES
In our over 40 years of developing industry-leading woodstoves, it is clear to us that catalytics should only be used in large 4+ cu.ft. fireboxes. Single burn rates are an inferior, unreliable way to achieve lower emissions and more importantly – an unnecessary compromise.
Further points to consider:
- Catalytic stoves and inserts are less reliable, harder to operate and more sensitive to installation environment than catalytic-free stoves and inserts.
- Catalytics need to be replaced often and are significantly more expensive to maintain over the life of the product.
- Catalytics deteriorate making them gradually less efficient.
- Catalytics may produce longer burn times but sacrifice heat output to do so.
Take a moment to educate yourself on catalytic technology in woodstoves and fireplaces here.